Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Charlie Browm & Lucy Bubble Bath Fun

Remember bubble baths as children? I remember having a big tub of bubbles and then a big puff of bath powder that my mom would pat me down with. It always made baths so much fun! I still think an amazing bubble bath and powder are wonderful. But those childhood memories just made them seem like moments of fun and love!

And then there we these two. I found that with Peanut characters, people either love them or think they are little brats.


Today I have a great little pair of Vintage Avon Charlie Brown and Lucy Bubble Bath containers to show you


I found these a few years back from a charming elderly lady at her yard sale. She did not want me to pay much for them. She also wanted me to have a few other neat items, that I will show you at another time. I believe she thought we (my children that were toddlers) would make a good home for her little trinkets. That is what she called them, "Trinkets". She said she had them since they were new, and only wanted 75 cents for them. I remember wanting to give her more and she wouldn't accept it!


The Charlie Brown is missing his cap that hides the lid. It should be a baseball cap.See his catchers mitt in his left hand? His head is cracked, she told me that they were played with and that is why he is not in the best shape. Lucy is in much better shape. She has no cracks and is wearing her cute little cap.

Charlie Brown is marked 1950 on the back, along with the other Avon markings.
 Lucy is also marked on the back, but her year is 1952.


The paint on both of them is in pretty good shape. Just a little bit of wear. Which I think just makes them that much more charming,


I love the look on their sweet little faces. Charlie Brown kinda has that funny grimace on his face,


and Lucy has her smart little smirk!


I assume these would be great for collectors of Avon or Peanuts both! I like them just because!

I also have this other cute little peanuts toy. He came from a toy box of "used this and that". My son pulled him out for a give away when he was a baby.  I have no idea about it. My son is way passed wanting to play with it now, so it goes with the other two characters. do you think it is also Charlie Brown? Just not wearing his traditional outfit? It looks like his hands were holding something, but that was all gone when my son received this little guy.


At any rate, they all just look cute together. I love the vintage look of these and adore the red, black and white colors.


They always remind me of that sweet little Grandma, and make me smile. It is nice to know that they were loved. I adore them. I am glad the woman found us to give Charlie Brown and Lucy a new home!

Blessings to all my dear friends,

 Little Susie Home Maker

I am linking with some really fun parties

35 comments:

  1. Love your Charlie and Lucy! What wonderful fun finds. Visiting from Red Wednesday. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute finds, I think the elder lady was right they went to a good home! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful, vintage lovelies! They are certainly in good condition and what a sweet lady - she must have known they were going to a good home :)

    Take care, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are darling! And even more special that they came from a sweet little lady! When I see Charlie Brown I remember watching that T.V special that's on every Christmas! The one where he finds that scrappy brownish x-mas tree! Haaaa! We would watch that every year. So CUTE!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun.! Who doesn't love Charlie Brown and Lucy? What a great find for you and from such a sweet lady. So cute.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Charlie Brown - those are so cute!!!

    Your bubble bath comment made me think of bubble bath I got one year for Christmas - it was packages in a tray, when you put it in the water, you had colored bubbles. You wouldn't see anything like that now!!! I loved those colored bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the treasures we can find at garage sales, but this is a good reminder that we often meet some neat folks. What a sweet lady. Those are great! I love the peanuts. I live near Santa Rosa, California, Where Schultz lived for many years. They celebrate him throughout the town. I need to take the kids! Cute post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great treasures you have here! New follower w/ Linky. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how adorable are they!! I love Charlie Brown, and always look forward to watching the specials during the holidays!! Thanks for sharing! Have a lovely day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, they are just the cutest pair ever! The fact that they're imperfect make them more special. Her "trinkets", great story! :-) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love Charly Brown and this are the cutest vintage couple!! Great story too and you're so lucky to have this pair, and thank you for sharing, it made me smile. Thank you for coming over sweet lady. The dishes were MADE by hand in a potter's wheel, (like in movie Ghost, lol)and of course, HAND decorated as well. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sure make a cute little couple. That little Lucy is as old as me... but I think she is is better shape :o)

    Loved you sweet story!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Charlie Brown.. how much fun... Thank you for stopping by and seeing me.. I am one of your followers now as well. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little couple and such a sweet post. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet! Just stopping by to thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I am now following you back! Hope the rest of the week is good to you!

    xo, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely couple - and lovely post & blog!

    Have a lovely weekend too!

    Visiting from Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute little items. I think they are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning, Susie!
    I'm up early and your kind note brought me back to your darling Charlie Brown post. I'm glad your little characters came home to live at your house. It's so sweet to associate them with a dear grandma. They are so very cute and look so at home with red gingham.
    Thank you for starting my day with a smile, my sweet friend!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are darling!! I've always been find of Lucy. We are both a little crabby and bossy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are so cute. What a great find. I have never seen those Avon piece before. I hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Susie,
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your very sweet comments re my Mom. So very dear of you.
    Oh! I love this post! Brings back so many memories. I adored Peanuts when I was little and my dad and I would read it every morning in the L.A. Times. All the years later, we would continue to give each other Peanuts greeting cards.
    Those are the cutest bottles, so adorable. I'll be on the lookout for those. :) And what a sweet woman you bought them from, she wanted you to have them so much.
    So sweet.

    Happy Rednesday!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  23. I heard they had a Snoopy Skating rink and they have big Christmas tree lighting and incorporate the peanuts into that. They have a museum there...I need to take the kids and visit my cousin. When I go I'll post about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. We LOVE the peanuts! These are so sweet! What a great yard sale find!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for following my blog.
    Your button is so cute. It is on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very sweet, I love to remember things in my childhood...I do remember bubble baths...and did that with my children as well...Happy weekend..with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I totally forget about Charlie Brown. I love them and bubble baths. What great treasures.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute! I love Charlie Brown! What a sweet story about the lady wanting you to have them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, what cute little Charlie Brown and Lucy! The little guy looks like a charlie brown character to me, too! What a sweet memory.
    Have a great week, Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I remember these! I have a confession--I still take bubble baths!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love bubble baths & I love Peanuts!Your sweet trinkets are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Susie, I'm so glad Dorothy sent you over to visit me for my birthday and Pink Saturday. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

    Love, love, love Charlie Brown and Lucy.♥ My son had a Peanuts collection when he was a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Susie those are great. I have to say I didn't know that Charlie Brown was that old! I love Avon and have a lot of their cute things from back in the 70's. I hope you're enjoying a nice last day of July! can't believe tomorrow we start August already. Have a great day! big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  34. These little items are so precious - love them all!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sweet Susie I just wanted to stop by and say hello as I was out blogging today to catch up on friends. I see you are tending to the chicken coops. Have a wonderful weekend. big hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...