Monday, November 5, 2012

Thrifted Vintage Cosco Step Stool, Vanity Seat and more

Rooster Figurine
 I went out hunting for some fun at the local thrift stores, and I found it! 
Two thrift stores and four really neat items that make me grin from ear to ear! 
The first one is this lovely little rooster chicken pottery figurine! He sits about 5 inches tall and is the prettiest creamy color. There is a hint of yellow left on its legs and more on his beak. The red is a little worn on his comb and wattle, but for me it just adds to his farm house fun look! The little sticker on the front reads, "Carlsbad Caverns". That leads me to feel safe in assuming it was made as a gift store tourist item. I think he will fit in with my other chickens and roosters that I collect! He looks good in front of my cast iron cookbook holder, don't you think?

Vintage Cosco Step Stool
The next smile I got on my face was really big! 
I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this little  vintage Cosco kitchen step stool! 
Look at that pretty pale yellow. This stool is in such good shape! 
If you look at the ways it is constructed, you will see that it is not a reproduction, but a vintage one! This is completely metal with no plastic. If you look at the bottom legs, there are 6 not 8. If I understand correctly all the reproductions have eight legs. But I am not claiming to be an authority on this. They do have some really cool reproductions that you can get on Target online in red, yellow, and black for about $70.00. Etsy and E-bay have Costco step stools going from $60-$150 (Vintage or not).
 But I got mine at the thrift store, and only paid $10 for it! It only needed a quick wipe down with Windex!
Now that is something to smile about!

Vintage Cosco Kitchen Step Stool
 But the biggest reason to smile is I have wanted one of these for years. When I was growing up we had the phone in the hall. And me and my sisters spent hours sitting on my mom's stool just like this for hours talking with our friends! Remember those days? Unfortunately, my mom decided that she was tired of her old stool and threw it out for a new chair for the hall. "Mom, please don't throw any more out without asking if one of us wants it!" LOL!

My next smile that I found was another nice place to sit. I spotted this lovely little vanity seat. The silver circular swirled wire construction is just so feminine! The pretty little soft cushion looks pretty in gold velveteen out in my fall yard! I think it will be recovered though, not sure just how yet! Do you have any suggestions! I would love to hear any you have. 
This is something I will use for my kitty in front of the window to lay and look out the window. 
Or maybe as a seat in front of my large closet doors to sit and put on my shoes. 
So pretty!

Retro Vanity Seat
Then my last thrift store smile for the day would be this. 
A cute little garlic bulb baker. It has a terra cotta base and has never been used. It came wrapped and with the instructions. As much as I love baked garlic, I couldn't pass up using it as a little decorative cloche! 
What do you think? Cute again, huh!

Garlic Baker Made Cloche
I just hope you are smiling as much as I am, because all these goodies are something I can love in my home. They only cost me a grand total of  $25
Big Smile!
Have you found anything that has made you smile lately?

Bless you,
Little Susie Home Maker

Now be sure to follow the links to check out these really fun party hops! 
Old Time Party at Cindy's Old Time Farm House
Share Your Cup Thursday at Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Thursday Favorite Things  at Katherine's Corner
Vintage Thingie Thursday at Colorado Lady


32 comments:

  1. Good hunting! I love your yellow stool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! The yellow step stool was an amazing find. My mom and I were just talking about one that we used to have out in the garage. It was yellow too. We are quite sure that my dad tossed it out.
    Great thrifty finds my friend!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - it's always so great when you finally find something that you've been wanting for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet finds!! I saw the same step stool, but a cream, and I passed it up, only because I have no room for another chair and we are going to be moving soon. Of course now, I wish I bought it! ;) The vanity seat is so pretty!! Happy Monday! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I had to chuckle when I saw the vanity. I just finished spray painting one just like that one. This one belonged to my step grandmother. My husband took it down out of the attic for me a few weeks ago. It needed a little welding and a new coat of paint. I have loved this stool since I was a little girl and inherited it when she passed away.
    Thanks for visiting and for you kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to be very good at finding good items on your thrift store shopping adventures. I really like that stool. Since it's made of metal and not plastic, I'm sure it will be much safer to stand upon to reach those higher shelf items. I certainly wish I had one like it. Your other items are cute as well. I'm glad they brought a smile to your face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The smile on your face says it all! Great finds... so well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It looks like you had fun... I love when I find something I have been wanting for a cheap price. Small blessings from our heavenly father.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. My MIL had a red stool like that until just recently. They were great stool to sit ad to use to reach something.
    I sent you email a little while ago. Your house is finished and I need your address. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds Susie. Love the little rooster. The Cosco stool is such an awesome find. I have wanted one but had to settle for a reproduction. Would gladly toss it out if I found an oldie like yours. lol!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pickin' cool finds, Susie! My fave is the yellow Costco stool...in such amazing shape. Thanks for boot scootin' on over to join the Old Time Party!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great finds in such vibrant colors. Perfect for fall. I have a giveaway you might be interested in-but it ends Tuesday-hurry if you want to enter-little vintage inspired bottle aprons I made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you're the Thrifting Queen for this week! Wow! Isn't it amazing the things people give away? All the better for us, though!
    Blessings from the Farm,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am only a little jealous of your Cosco chair....

    Okay, I lied. I am A LOT jealous....

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing finds for bargain. The Costco yellow stool takes me back. I hope you are enjoying the Fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susie, you found some goodies. I love your Costco yellow stool, I have a red one I sit on it every night while I'm cooking supper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the chicken figurine! And I've actually been to Carlsbad Caverns - it's an amazing place!

    That stool looks just like one I used to sit on at my grandma's house during meals! Except hers was black. Ahhh, memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the retro vanity seat ! Ideal for putting on shoes, when the seat is not taken by kitty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, i love finding vintage goodies at great prices. The yellow stool is precious! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am smiling. You know I think we had that stool when I was young. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susie you lucky girl. Love your finds esp. your stool. It always puts a smile on my face when I can awesome treasures.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. I used to sit on one of those stools as a child at the dinner table. It was red though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a new follower to your blog and love your cute countdowns! I can't believe Thanksgiving is coming so soon. Feel free to stop over to my site and followed back!

    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The kitchen step stool is wonderful! I don't know why we don't have those in our kitchens any more. They really are handy! Love your small stool and other fun finds. You just never know what you'll find...that's what's FUN! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I too have been on the hunt for a stool like that because my grand parents had one by their phone! Your find is awesome! I'm wicked excited for you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. My grandparents had a stool like that in their kitchen and for the life of me, I don't know what happened to it. So I was so excited to find one at the flea market and it is turquoise (my favorite vintage kitchen color)! I love the little rooster too. I'm sure he will be right at home with all of his friends:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  27. What wonderful "finds" you have!! I have a red step stool just like your yellow one...Love the yellow!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh, that yellow step stool! And the ceramic chicken! Lucky you:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your fabulous finds! I can see why you're smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That image of you talking on the phone is adorable! You did pose for this artwork, didn't you?

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, the thrifting gods were smiling on you, some days it is like that...It keeps us on the hunt, I love the yellow stool!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all of your vintagy things. The yellow stool brought me back to my childhood.
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...