Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baby bird, Pyrex, Vintage Pepsi Machine

Do you ever get an over whelming urge to go thrifting? We were driving to town to my momma's house when I had this really bad urge to just stop at Goodwill and see what was thrift worthy!!

I found this really cute Vintage Pyrex 1.5 Qt divided Cinderella Oval Casserole in the Barbed Wire pattern. It was a 1958 Pyrex Fall Promotional pattern. This is such a great  dish! I have been using it a lot!
Then I bought this set of Pyrex green clear bottom mixing bowls that are in really good shape and I love green!! They are just the same style, but different color as another set I received as a wedding gift 20 years ago. 
So the thrifting was definitely worth the urge!! Haha!!  
 

So how many of you have an old Pepsi vending machine in the driveway? This is the one at my parents house. It looked so pretty with all the flowers by it, I just had to take a picture to share with you all. Yes, it does work and my dad kept it stocked for a long time. Kids and grown ups alike always get a big bang out of getting pop out of it!!!

And here is a picture of me enjoying my Pepsi!

Yes, that is me.. uhh.. I mean Cindy Crawford enjoying a Pepsi!!! Haha!!!


This is my little buddy I have been enjoying all week. He is a little Black Bird. His mom and dad kicked him out of the nest as he was getting big. He needs to learn to fly and still grow in some more feathers! His parents guard and bring him food. He hops over to this water dish I have out for my chickens and the wild birds in the yard. He likes to sit in the rock in the middle. Isn't he cute?? The chickens just treat him like a little baby and don't bother him.

I am so busy, busy, busy!! But I want you to know that we are personally safe from the Colorado wild fires, but so many people have been going through disaster. Thank you for all your prayers and kind thoughts. We need rain in Colorado. So many fires burning it is so sad. Too much loss. Stand strong in your faith in God and be thankful for all His blessings!
Smile and be happy today!!


Blessings,
Little Susie Home Maker
 

24 comments:

  1. What a cute little bird! I love watching birds in my yard, especially babies :) I'm so glad you guys are safe. I've been thinking about you lately and meant to check in, so I'm happy to hear you all are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... such a sweet baby bird :) And I love that your chickens don't bother him. So glad to hear you are safe from the fires. Where I live in Colorado there was a fire about an hour away, but thankfully they seem to have it contained. The wind is unbelievable here! I know it's windy in the Spring time, but in years past it seems like the wind has died down by now.

    Have a wonderful day :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Hello! How are you Miss Susie?
    The black bird is so darn cute! I love that his parents are still by his side. I'm in love with that Pepsi machine!
    I'm also so sorry about the CO fires, and so happy to know that you are safe.
    Hope you're enjoying the summer (despite the fires)
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Susie,

    Thank God you and yours are okay from the fires. I have you and your fellow friends in my prayers and I'm wishing for some rain for you too.

    The baby black bird is so cute, it's great to hear the grand parents are feeding the little one. Be careful of any cats from your neighborhood, if they see this little guy hanging around. We lost an entire nest of cardinal babies because of a neighbors cat last year.

    Wooohoooo great find at . The Pyrex bowls you found are great bowls to have. Did you know people when selling these bowls at estate or yard sales charge a fortune because their vintage.

    I love your mother's garden area with the Pepsi machine from your dad. The colors machine the flowers planted in pots and while you're checking our the flowers and machine...........why not have a soda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shot of the birdie!!
    Glad to hear you are fine~ those fires can be so fast and devastating...
    I am loving the Pepsi machine .. reminds me of an old commercial with Cindy Crawford.. remember?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Pyrex finds! I love birds and your little guy is so sweet. The Pepsi machine is very cool, what a great idea that was!

    Very sad to see the devstation from the fires. Glad you are safe too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are safe! Baby birds are just so sweet. He seems to be content right where he is.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie,
    That little bird is so sweet! Birds are so fascinating. I like your good will treasures and I really love the Pepsi machine.

    blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're safe! That Pepsi machine is too fun. Glad your dad still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there Susie,
    I'm so glad you are safe from the fires. I've never seen that Pyrex pattern before, I like it. That store was calling your name!
    Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that Pepsi machine is too sweet in the garden! LOVE it...and the little birdie! Blessings~~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  12. ciao sono Titty da Palermo,
    ho conosciuto per caso il tuo blog e lo trovo delizioso!
    mi iscrivo fra i tuoi followers!
    se ti va passa a trovarmi
    http://quandobertafilava.blogspot.com/
    a presto!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pictures, such a cute bird !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to hear that you are all safe from the fires. A vintage PEPSI vending machine..how cool is that and in the driveway no less. Must the be coolest house on the block.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes it is a bad year, we need rain as well. We will be having some bad fires this year I am sure of it. Let's pray for our country it's not a very good time.

    What a cute post love your new dish and your parents soda machine. I used to have an old wood jukebox. I should have kept it an old boyfriend gave it to me. I like coke not pepsi! LOL!

    Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you are out of harms way. Your baby blackbird is so cute.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute bird. So glad to hear his parents are still taking care of him. He is a little butter ball. Soooo cute. You really scored at thrift store. Pyrex is so much fun to find. I am so glad you and your family are safe from the fires. It is really sad that had to happen. My prayers and thoughts are with y'all my dear.
    Many hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a precious little bird, and great news that you are all safe. Thanks tons for the visit and your gracious comment on my bathroom redo. I really appreciate it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute bird story. Love your folks Pepsi machine, you look mighty hot in front of it LOL! So glad you're safe!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling bird!! And, love your Pepsi machine!! So neat!! Glad you are okay and safe from the fires!! Wishing you a sweet Monday and week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet is that?! Happy to hear the fires haven't harmed you! Happy 4th of July:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun post! You made me smile with all your summery tweets--ugh--treats! lol So glad you and your family are ok. We've been watching some really sad stories on the news.
    Summer Blessings,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a sweet little bird! how nice of hm to pose for you!
    I love that your parents have a pop machine in their driveway. I would love to have an old coca cola one. such fun!
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

  24. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog,amei o pássaro bebe,que amor!!!Maravilha!Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to leave me a comment. All you need is OpenID or to sign into your Google account and you can! Thank you!

Valentine Swap 2017

 Don't you think Valentine swaps are fun? I sure do. Vivian had a nice big swap year That I signed up for and my partner was Cindy fro...